- Don’t be too technical or industry specific in your profile
- Don’t jump on a social networking site and give the perception that you’re desperately looking for a job — just “taking” and not “giving”
- Don’t wait until you’re laid off before building out your social networks and staying active
- Don’t forget to check out your “online presence” or “personal branding” to make sure nothing embarrassing shows up when you Google your name
- Don’t forget the No. 1 goal is an in-company referral and you must be willing to take action outside your comfort zone to get one
- Don’t spend too much time in front of the screen. Phone calls and face-to-face meetings are vital
- Don’t be afraid to reach out to anyone on the Web in your targeted area — ask questions, suggest products, share information
- Don’t expect to log on and find a direct lead, because the best tips often come from someone on the network who is several times removed from you
- Don’t forget to stay engaged in your field, keep up on the latest news, products and services. Check out start-ups, which can be a great place to find a job if you act fast
- Don’t try to make friends or contacts with everyone you can on the networks; make sure it’s someone you know or have something in common with
Celtic Tiger or Shortage of Workforce in Ireland?
- Post author By Ivan | JobsBlog.ie
- Post date March 3, 2008
- 3 Comments on Celtic Tiger or Shortage of Workforce in Ireland?
788 Employers are currently recruiting on Irish Jobs web site. Quit a few of them have a long list of jobs as well. From the employers list of 788 companies the majority has a few or more jobs advertised. The calculation shows quite simple that thousands of jobs are available in Ireland today.
Is it a Celtic Tiger all over again? It certainly does not feel so, with even the property prices ‘frozen’ for more than a year now. The unemployment rate is as low as it can be, so if there are thousands of vacancies in Ireland today it is clearly the serious shortage of workers currently in the country. How will that impact the Irish economy? Would we benefit from the increase of the import of “Brain Power”?
- Tags 123.ie & Richardson Insurance, 20:20 Logistics, 3 Ireland, 4-Site Design Consultants Ltd, 98FM, A & D Wejchert & Partners Architects, A Johnson & Johnson Company, A&L Goodbody Solicitors, Abbey Theatre, Abbott Ireland, ABM Construction Ltd, ABM Data, Abtran, ACC Bank, Accenture Ireland, Access Control Technology (ACT), ACI Worldwide, ACNielsen Ireland, Acorn Life, ActionCoach, Adaptive Mobile Security, ADT, Aer Arann, Aer Rianta International, Aereco Limited, AIB Capital Markets, Alcon Laboratories Ireland Ltd, Alfred McAlpine, Alienware Ltd, All Water Systems, Allergan Medical, Allianz Worldwide Care, Almir, Alstom Ireland, Altran Technologies Ireland, Alzheimer Society of Ireland, Amazon Ireland, American Airlines, Amnesty International, AMO Ireland, An Post, Analog Devices, Analytic Partners, Anthony Nicholas Group, Anthony Reddy Associates, AON Ireland, APC, Apple Computer Ltd, Ardmac, Aró, Arts Council, Arup Consulting Engineers, Arvato Finance Services Ltd, Ascon Rohcon, Ashville Media, Assurant Services Ireland Ltd, Astellas Ireland Co Ltd, Astons Wealth Management Limited, Athy International Concentrates, Atkins Ireland, Atlantis Holiday Group, Atradius Credit insurance, Aussie Pet Mobile, Auto Trader, Avaya, Avery Dennison Ireland Limited, Avocent International, AXA Insurance, B Braun Medical Ltd, B&Q, Babelgum, Backup Power Solutions, Baker Tilly Ryan Glennon, Balfour Beatty Ireland, Ballina Beverages, Banca Mediolanum S.p.A., Bank Of Ireland Asset Management, Bank of Ireland Group, Bank of Ireland Securities Services, Bank of Scotland (Ireland) limited, Barclays, Barretstown Camp, Bausch & Lomb Ireland, Baxter Healthcare Ltd, Baxter Manufacturing, BCD Travel, BD Medical, BDO Simpson Xavier, Bear Stearns Bank Plc, BearingPoint Ireland Limited, Beckman Coulter, Bekin Kids, Belgard Motors, Bell Security, Bene, Best Menswear, Betdaq, BIO-MEDICAL RESEARCH LTD, Bioniche Pharma Group, Biotrin, Biovail Technologies, Bizmart, Blackshore Holdings, Blacktie / Henry Jermyn, Blenders Ltd, Blizzard Entertainment Ireland Ltd, BMC Software, Bon Secours Health System, Bord na Mona, Boston Scientific Clonmel, Boston Scientific Ireland, Bowen Group, Bradley’s Pharmacy Group, Brandmail Solutions Ltd, Brendan J Kelly Auctioneers, Brian McCarthy Contractors, Brian Meehan & Associates, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Brothers of Charity Services, Brothers of Charity Southern Services, Brown Thomas Group, BT Ireland, btw, Bua Training, Budget Travel, Business and Finance, Buy4Now, BWG Foods, Byrne Looby, Byrnes Bookstores & World of Wonder Toy Stores, Cadbury Ireland, Cahill May Roberts, Caledonian Life and Citadel Financial Advice, Calor Ireland, Calyx, Cameron Ireland, Campbell Catering, Campus Oil Ltd, Canada Life Assurance (Ire) Ltd, Candidate Manager, Capella & Solis Hotels, Carbery Group, Career Decisions Ireland, Carluccio’s Ireland Ltd, Carole Nash Insurance, Carphone Warehouse, Catch.fm, Caulfield Supermarket, CB Richard Ellis, Celestica, Centocor Biologics (Ireland) Ltd, Central Bank and Financial Services Authority of Irelan, Central Fisheries Board, Central Reservations, Century Management Ltd, CH2M Hill, Changingworlds, Charles River Biological Laboratories, Chase Paymentech, Chesapeake Corporation, Children’s University Hospital - Temple Street, Choice Hotels, Chubb Ireland Group, Cisco, CIT Aerospace, Citco Bank, Citco Fund Services (Dublin)Ltd, CITI Hedge Fund Services (Ireland), Citigroup, Citrix Systems Ireland, Citywest Hotel, Clare County Council, Clarke Group, Clearpower Ltd, Client Solutions ltd, Clifton Scannell Emerson Associates, Clondalkin Addiction SupportProgramme (C.A.S.P), Coffey Construction Ltd, Cognos, COMBAT POVERTY AGENCY, Comgest Asset Management International Ltd, Comhdháil Náisiúnta na Gaeilge, Commission for Energy Regulation, Commissioners of Irish Lights, Community Games, Company Confidential, ComReg, Concast Precast Group, Concept Design, Concern Worldwide, Conduit, Configure, Connolly Corporate Finance, Construction Industry Federation, Construction Information Services, Consulting Ltd, Cook Ireland Ltd, Coombe Women and Infants University Hospital, Cope, Cope Foundation, Cork Institute of Technology, Cork Language Centre International, Cornmarket, Corporate Express, Coyle Hamilton Willis, CPL, CPM Ireland, Creganna, Cremin McCarthy and Company, Critical Path, Cross Vetpharm Group, Crowne Plaza Hotel, CSS SlashSupport, Cuisine de France and Carroll Cuisine, Curach Resourcing, CustomerMinds, Cybertrust, Dairygold Co-Operative Society Ltd, Daiwa Europe Fund Managers Ireland Ltd, Dalkia, Danone, Daon, Data Electronics, Data Ireland, DATAC Control International Ltd, Daughters of Charity Child & Family Service, Daughters of Charity Services, David Lloyd Riverview, Davis Langdon PKS, Davy, Dawn Farm Foods, Daysha Consulting, DeafHear.ie, DELL, Deloitte, Delphi Technologies Limited, Depfa Bank, DePuy, Dermot Casey Tree Care, DeRoyal Europe, Design Cost Studios, Designer Group, Deutsche Bank, Devaney & Durkin, Dexia, DHKN Chartered Accountants, DHL, Diageo, Digicel, Digital CC, Digital Solutions, Digiweb, Distinct Business, Dixons Stores Group, DMG Group, dms Management Ltd, Dollinger Ireland Ltd, Dornan Engineering Ltd, Douglas Wallace, DPS Engineering and Construction Ltd, Dublin Archdiocese, Dublin City Council, Dublin City University, Dublin Dental School and Hospital, Dublin Institute of Technology, Dublin Simon Community, Dublin Transportation Office, Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art Design & Technology, Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council, Dundalk Institute of Technology, Dunnes Stores, d’Amico Ireland Limited, Eagle Star, EarthTech, EBS Building Society, Edward Dillon & Co, Egan Safety Solutions, EGL Eagle Global Logistics (Ireland) Ltd, EI Electronics, eircom, Eirgrid, Elan Pharma International Ltd, Elavon Merchant Services, Elucidate, Empower Training & Development, Enable Ireland, Enable Supplies, Enovation Solutions Ltd, Enterprise, Enva, EPS Pumping & Treatment Systems, Equinoxe, Ergo, Ericsson, Ernst & Young, ESB International, Espion Ltd, ESRI Economic & Social Research Institute, ESS Ltd, Euro Insurances, EUROCONTROL, Europol, Eurosales International Ltd, Exchequer Software, Expamet Building Products Ltd, expertiseireland.com, Extern Ireland, ezetop Ltd, Failte Ireland, Fannin Ltd, Farrell Grant Sparks, FBD Holdings plc, Fendi, Fidelity Investments, Financial Engineering Networks Limited, FINEOS, Fingal County Council, Flairline Fashions Limited, Fleming Medical, Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI), Football Association of Ireland (FAI Ireland), Forest Laboratories, Forfás, Fortis Ireland, Franklin Templeton Investments, Fresh Thinking, Friends First, Front Line, Fujitsu Siemens Computers IT Product Services, FUSION - InterTradeIreland, Gallaher Ireland, Galway, Galway Clinic, GAM Fund Management Ltd, Game Group, GameStop, Gannon Kirwan & Company, GE, GEM, GEM Group, GeneMedix PLC, Generali International, Generali PanEurope, Genzyme Ireland Ltd, Gerard Laboratories, Giraffe Childcare, Glanbia, GlaxoSmithKline, Glenman Corporation, Global I.T. Networks, Globoforce, GMC Group, GMS Professional Imaging Ltd, GOAL, Golden Pages, Goodbody Stockbrokers, Goodwins Group, Google, GORTA, Gowan Group, Grady Joinery Manufacturers, Graham Technology, Grant Thornton, Green Biofules Ireland, Greenstar, Griffner Coillte, Grosvenor, Group 4 Securicor, Guardian Healthcare, GxP Systems, Gypsum Industries Ltd, Halfords, Harcourt Developments, Harvey Norman, Hasbro Ireland, Haven Mortgages, Hays Plc, HeadwayHealth Research Board, Health Service Executive, Healthcare 21, Healy Kelly Turner & Townsend, Hearth & Home, Heatons, Helix Health, Helsinn Birex Pharmaceuticals/ Helsinn Chemicals, Heneghan PR, Henkel Ireland, Herbert Park Hotel, Hermes SoftLab Ltd, Hertz, Hewlett-Packard Ireland, Hibernian, Hickey and Company, HKR Architects, HMS Host, Hochtief Facility Management, Hodson Bay & Galway Bay Hotels, Home Instead Senior Care, Homebuilder, Hotel Partners, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, HRM Executive Recruitment / Top People, HSBC Ireland Plc, Huawei Technology, Hunky, IBEC, IBM BTO Ireland Ltd, IBM in Ireland, IBM PDL, ICAN, ICC Information, ICON Clinical Research Limited, IDA Ireland, IFAC Accountants, IFS, IIB Bank, Ilex Urban Regeneration Company, IMI, INDEPENDENT COMMUNICATIONS, Independent Express Cargo, Initial Washroom Solutions, Input Systems Ltd, Inside Government, Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, Institute of Technology Blanchardstown, Institute of Technology Carlow, Institute of Technology Tallaght, Institute of Technology Tralee, InsureMe.ie, Intec Billing Ireland, Integra Lifesciences, Intel - Dublin and Shannon, Interactive Data, International Cruise Services, InterTradeIreland, InterTradeIreland’s Focus Programme, Invensys Systems (UK) Ltd, Investec Ireland Limited, Iona Technologies, IPOS, iRadio, Irish Blood Transfusion Service, Irish Broadband, Irish Cancer Society, Irish Cement Ltd, Irish Court Hotels, Irish Dairy Board, Irish Distillers Pernod Ricard, Irish Domains Limited, Irish Food Processors, Irish Franciscans, Irish League of Credit Unions, Irish Life & Permanent plc, Irish Medicines Board, Irish Missionary Resource Service, Irish Mortgage Corporation, Irish Nationwide, Irish Taxation Institute, IrishJobs.ie, Isaacs Hotel Group, IT Alliance, IT Focus, Ivax Pharmaceuticals Ireland, Ivor Fitzpatrick & Company Solicitors, Jacob Fruitfield Food Group, Jacobs Engineering, James McMahon Ltd, James Toomey Architects, Jinny Software, Johnson & Johnson, Johnson Controls, Jones Engineering Group, JP Morgan, Jurys Doyle Hotel Group, Jurys Inns, KCC Door & Security Solutions, Kearys Motor Group, Keelings Ltd, Keenan Property Management, Kelloggs, Kentz GroupKerrigan Sheanon Newman, Kerry Group, Kerry Group Graduate Programme, Kids Inc, Kingsley Hotel, Koger Limited, KPMG, Kuehne + Nagel, Kylemore Foods Group, L&P Financial Trustees Ltd, Ladbroke Ireland, Lafferty Design and Development Ltd, Lagan Cement Limited, LAING O’ROURKE, Law Society of Ireland, Leaders Enterprises Ltd, LeasePlan Infrastructure Services Limited, Legal Aid Board, LF Buckley & Associates, LG Electronics, LHM Casey McGrath, Lidl Ireland GmbH, Lifestyle Sports Ltd, Limerick County Council, Limerick Institute of Technology, Limited, Linwoods Bakery and Dairy, Lisney Limited, Local Government Management Services Board, Londis, Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland Limited, L’Oreal, Mac Rental Limited (The CAT Rental Store), Magellan, Magnet Networks Limited, Majestic Marketing, Malachy Walsh & Partners, Manepa Ltd, Maples and Calder & Maples Finance, Marino Institute of Education, Marren Engineering Limited, Mars Ireland, Marsh Ireland Ltd, Mason Technology, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Mater Private Healthcare, Matheson Ormsby Prentice, Maybin Property Support Services Ltd, Mazars, MBNA, McAfee Ireland Ltd, McNally Design International, McNally Handy & Partners, McNally Living, McSweeney Pharmacy Group, Media Market, Medical Council, Medserv, Medtronic, Meltwater News, Mental Health Commission, Mentor Graphics Ireland Ltd, Merck Sharp & Dohme (Ireland) Ltd, Mercury Engineering, Meridian VAT Processing (International) Ltd, Merlin Motor City, Merrill Lynch, Merrion Capital Group, Merry Mullen, Meteor Mobile Communications, Metro Eireann, Michael Punch & Partners, Microchem Laboratories, Micros-Fidelio (Ireland) Ltd, Microsemi, Microsoft, ModusLink Corporation, Monaghan Mushrooms, MoneyMate, MoneyPenny Financial Services, MSL Engineering, MUREX, Musgrave Group, MyHome.ie, MySQL, National College of Ireland, National Council for the Blind of Ireland, National Digital Research Centre Limited, National Maternity Hospital, National Pen Limited, National Roads Authority, National University of Ireland Galway, Navajo Spur Ltd, NCB Stockbrokers, Nestlé Ireland, NewBay Software, Newstalk, Niche Generics, Nightline, NNE Pharmaplan, North County Brokers, Northbrook Technology, Northdoor (Ireland) Ltd, Northern Trust, Norwich Union International, Novartis Ireland, Novartis Ringaskiddy Limited, ntl, NTR Plc, Nutricia Baby Food Ireland, Nutricia Clinical, Nutrition Point, O2, Obelisk, OCS One Complete Solution, Office Depot, oftware, Olympia Capital Ireland Ltd, Omnipay, One51, Open Jaw Technologies, Openet, OpenHydro, Oracle Ireland Ltd, Oran Pre-Cast Ltd, Organon Ireland - Pharmaceuticals, Oriflame International Global Technical Centre, Original Solutions, Origo, orys, OSTO Ltd, Our Lady’s Hospice Ltd, Our Lady’s Hospital for Sick Children, outHaus/Country Manor Bricks, Oxford International, O’ Brien Harnett and Associates, O’Brien Ingredients, O’Briens Wine Off-Licence, O’Dwyer Property Management, Paddy Power Plc, Palm Europe Limited, Panorama & Sunworld, Paragon Business Systems, Paragon Global Resources, Park House Hotel, Park Rite, Partners Ltd Geotechnical Engineers, Paul Sheeran Jewellers, PayPal, Pearse Trust, PEI & Promed, Penney’s, Pepe Ireland LtdPepsiCo Ireland, Perlico Communications Limited, Peter Bradley Foundation, Pfizer European Financial Shared Services, Pfizer Ireland Pharmaceuticals, PFPC International, PGL, Pharma-Bio Serv Validation & Compliance Ltd, Phloor, Pilz Ireland, Pinnacle Project Partners, PM Group, Pobal, Pocket Kings Ltd, Power-plex, Pramerica Limited, Prem Group, Premier Group - The Recruitment Specialists, Premiere Global Services, PricewaterhouseCoopers, PricewaterhouseCoopers Bermuda, ProfileApproval.com, Propylon, Prosper FingalQK Living, QLogic, Quinn Group, Quintiles Ireland Ltd, Quintillion, Rabobank Ireland plc, Railway Procurement Agency, RBC Dexia Investor Services, RCI Call Centre (Ireland) Ltd, Real Regulatory, Realex Payments, Redstone, REHAB CARE, Release Communication Intervention, Resources Global Professionals, Respond! Housing Association, Retail Concepts, River Island Clothing Company, Roche (Products) Ireland Limited, Rochford Brady Legal Services, Roscommon County Council, Royal Liver, Royal Marine HotelRPS Group Ltd, Russell Brennan Keane Chartered Accountants, Ryanair, Safety Kleen, Sage Ireland, Salesforce.com, Sandisk, Saongroup.com, SAP, Savills Hamilton Osborne King, Schenker (Ireland) Limited, Schering-Plough (Avondale) Company, Schering-Plough (Brinny) Co, Schwarz Pharma Ltd, SeaChange International, SEB Life (Ireland) Assurance Company Limited, Seepex, SEI Investments - Global Fund Services Ltd, Select Digital Print, Sennheiser Ireland Ltd, Sentenial Ltd, SERCOM SOLUTIONS, Servecast, Servicesource, Servier (Ireland) Industries Ltd, SGS Ireland LimitedShamrock Foods, Shannon Aerospace Ltd, Shay Murtagh Ltd, Sheraton Athlone Hotel, SIAC Construction, Siemens, Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics Manufacturing, SIG Ireland, Sigma Communications Group, Signa Transaction Solutions, Signet Trading Ltd, SISK, Sisk Healthcare, SITA, Sitel, Smart Telecom, SMC Pneumatics (Ireland) Limited, Smiles, Smith Property Management, Smiths Detection Ireland Ltd, Snap-on Sun Ireland Ltd, Sodexho, SoftCo, Sogeti Ireland Ltd, Sonopress Ireland, Sophis Technology, Soundstore, South Dublin County Council, South West Regional Health Authority, Special Olympics Ireland, Spin 1038, SpringHill, SR Technics, SSP (Select Service Partner) Ltd, St Catherine's Association Ltd, St James’s Hospital, St John of God Hospitaller Services, St. Joseph’s School For the Visually Impaired, St. Luke’s Hospital, St. Michael’s House, St. Patrick’s Hospital, St. Vincent’s University Hospital, Starbucks Coffee, State Street International, Stewarts Hospital, Stream International, Stryker Instruments, Stuart Insurances, Sun Life Information Services Ireland Ltd, Sun Microsystems Europe, Supermac's, Superquinn, Sure Tank, Surecom Network Solutions Ltd, Susquehanna Ireland Ltd, Sweeney Hotel Group, Swiss Financial Services, Sword Medical Ltd, Symantec, Synopsys Ireland, System Dynamics, Takeda, Target Express, Tayto, Teagasc, Teamskill, Tecnomen, Tedcastles Oil Products, Teleperformance, TERMINALFOUR, Tesco, Tescodiets, The Adelaide and Meath Hospital Dublin, The Ardilaun Hotel, The Bank of New York Mellon, The Boyne Valley Group, The Butler's Pantry, The Carlton Hotel Group, The European Patent Office, The Gift Voucher Shop, The Grand / Marine Hotels, The Hartford, The K Club, The McGrath Group, The Merrion Hotel, The National Library of Ireland, The Network, The Park Academy, The Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland, The Printed Image, The Ritz-Carlton Powerscourt, The Royal College of Physicians of Ireland, The Shelbourne Hotel, The St David’s Hotel and Spa, Thermodial, Thornton’s Recycling, Threefold, Tipperary Institute, Titan Worldwide, TK Maxx, TMF Managment (Ireland) Limited, TNT, Tobin Consulting Engineers, Top Coat Sytems, TOP Security Ltd, Topaz Energy, Total Fitness, Toyota Ireland, Transroute Tunnel Operations Limited, Transware, Trend Micro, Tricastle Ltd, Trinity Biotech, Trinity College, Trinity Fund Administration Limited, TSS, Tyco Healthcare, Tyndall National Institute, Ulster Bank Ireland Limited, UNICEF, Unilever Ireland, UniPhar Group, United Drug, University College Cork, University College Dublin, University of Dublin, University of Limerick, Unum Ireland Limited, UPS, Usher Bathrooms, Valeo Vision Systems, Vector Workplace & Facility Management, Venture Lifestyle Photography, Veolia Water, Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies t/a ELGA Proc, Vero Solutions, Version 1, VF Wrangler Lee, VHI, Viasys Healthcare Ireland, Viridian Power and Energy, Vision Consulting, Vision Modular Structures, Vistakon Ireland, VistaTEC ltd, VIVAS Health, VMware, Vodafone Ireland, Volkswagen Bank Ireland, Volkswagen Group Ireland, Voxpilot, Vulcan Solutions, Waldron & Associates Engineers & Architects Ltd, Walls, Waterford Institute of Technology, Web Reservations International, Welch Allyn, Wellman International Limitied, Western Care Association, Westerwood (WG) Global Ltd, WestGlobal, WGZ Bank, White Young Green Ireland, Williaam Cox Ireland Ltd, William Fry, Windsor Motors, Wolseley Ireland, Women in Technology and Sceince (WITS), Wyeth BioPharma, Wyeth Medica Ireland, Wyeth Nutritionals, XL Airways, XsilXtra-Vision Ltd, You Tube Ireland, Zenith Technologies Limited, Zing Technology